IHR #78 is our first episode of 2010, discussing Dave’s about-to-be-demolished kitchen, the Audio Podcaster Roundtable, impressions from the 2010 Winter NAMM Show, the iPad in recording, and the Grammy Awards. With Derek K. Miller and Dave Chick.
If you can play Enhanced podcasts (AAC enhanced) on your iPod, PlayStation Portable, Apple TV, Xbox 360, TiVo, or Zune, or in iTunes or QuickTime, you’ll find lots of photos and links accompanying this episode.
Try GotoMeeting free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomeeting.com/techpodcasts. Also get 20% off any video or bundle from MacVideoTraining.com, just use the promo code ihr at checkout.
- Sponsors and affiliates: thanks to GoToMeeting, Source Elements, and MacVideoTraining.com (now get 20% off using the coupon code ihr at checkout), networks at Blubrry and the Home Recording Network, and affiliates zZounds, Amazon, and NCIX, as well as American Musical Supply. When you buy anything through our affiliates, IHR gets a small cut to help pay for hosting and bandwidth.
- Listen to the Audio Recording Podcaster Roundup, which included Dave Chick and a number of other recording podcast luminaries.
- SPONSOR: GoToMeeting – free 30 day trial for IHR listeners
- FEATURE: Impressions from the Winter 2010 NAMM Show in Anaheim:
- Dave’s first and second NAMM posts on our blog.
- Harmony Central’s NAMM 2010 coverage.
- Small guitar amps (some with computer USB interfaces) from Fender, Marshall, and Vox.
- Digital recording companies partnering with old-school recording firms: Native Instruments and Abbey Road Studios, Universal Audio and Ampex, and the Nord Piano.
- Jamlink for collaboration over the Internet
- Waves Soundgrid.
- IK Multimedia’s Stealthboard.
- MacProVideo’s new tutorials.
- EDITORIAL: Could Apple’s new iPad be useful for recording? And are the Grammy Awards still relevant?
- Our next show will be the first following the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics. See you in February.
Pictures: The Home Recording Network “lava lamp” logo is based on an image by und_dann.
Listeners: Please comment on the blog at insidehomerecording.com and head over to the the forums at insidehomerecording.com/forums. Also remember that you can post your photos to the IHR Flickr Group – joining Flickr to share photos is free. We’re also on Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
This podcast is (c) 2010 by Inside Home Recording under a Creative Commons license creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/ca